Serving the greater Lincoln area since 1985!
Foodnet is a group of volunteers from many different churches and other non-profit organizations trying to stop the waste of food and provide for those in need. We collect food from donors for distribution at our sites around the Lincoln area each day. We provide mostly perishable foods such as fruits, vegetables, dairy products, bread, etc. These are items not usually found at a dry goods food pantry, but are still in demand.
Distribution of food through Foodnet is made possible by the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act: an act of Congress that encourages the donation of food and grocery products to non-profit organizations for distribution to needy individuals, backed by the full force and effect of law.
Foodnet distributions sites are continuing to serve those in need in Lincoln, Crete, Denton, Milford, and Seward. Each site is taking precautions to handle food in the safest way possible. No Foodnet Site has been made aware of any volunteer or patron being diagnosed or quarantined at this time. Each Foodnet site will be adjusting their routines (which may include the use of drive-up distribution) and we appreciate your patience. We couldn’t do this without the support of the businesses and institutions that generously donate to us. The Foodnet volunteers are also vital to our organization throughout each day and we thank them for their important role at this time.
Site Closings Until Further Notice Due to Covid-19 Precautions:
Monday – Korean Church
Tuesday – NW Church of Christ
Wednesday – Center for People in Need, 3901 N 27th Street NOTE: CFPIN continues to distribute daily, only FoodNet distributions at this site are closed.
Thursday – Calvert Rec Center
Last updated 11/16/2020, 12:28 pm
- The NW Lincoln Church of Christ distribution for Tuesday, November 17th has been canceled due to new COVID19 mandates
- Grace Chapel on Fridays is returning to a Drive-Thru model to keep volunteers and patrons safe.
- The Monday Distribution at Denton now starts at 4:30 pm.
- New Distribution Site! Calvary Lutheran Church at 2788 Franklin will host a pickup site at 11:00 am on Mondays, starting November 2nd. Please use the east doors and wear a facemask.
- The Thursday distribution at Seward United Methodist Church now starts at 5:00 pm.
- The distribution times for Citylight & Grace Chapel on Friday have been corrected. Our apologies for any inconvenience.
- The Saturday Zion Church distribution has moved to 5511 S 27th Street, effective Saturday, October 3rd.
- Information on St. Mary’s Saturday Distribution has been added. Due to their unique location across from the Capitol, times and procedures are subject to change due to events or traffic changes.
- Cristo Rey is now at 5:00 pm on Wednesdays.
- Grace Chapel is now indoor only, no drive through.
We are a charitable organization registered with AmazonSmile. When you purchase something from Amazon, sign in with AmazonSmile and a small portion of the purchase will be donated to Foodnet, Inc. Thank you for helping to support Foodnet!
Did You Know?
80,495 people participated in a food pickup.
220,926 total people were helped
19,696 volunteer shifts helped make this possible
9,135 hours were worked in those shifts.
Thank you to all of our volunteers for keeping FoodNet alive and strong!
Volunteers and Food Donors
If you would like to donate or volunteer, please contact us at:
We are proud to partner with Food Donation Connection. Together we work to get surplus food to the hungry in our community!
Foodnet is a 501(c)(3) organization