Serving the greater Lincoln area since 1985!
Foodnet is a group of volunteers from many different churches and other non-profit organizations trying to stop the waste of food and provide for those in need. We collect food from donors for distribution at our sites around the Lincoln area each day. We provide mostly perishable foods such as fruits, vegetables, dairy products, bread, etc. These are items not usually found at a dry goods food pantry, but are still in demand.
Distribution of food through Foodnet is made possible by the Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act: an act of Congress that encourages the donation of food and grocery products to non-profit organizations for distribution to needy individuals, backed by the full force and effect of law.
- The Havelock UMC distribution on Tuesday now starts at 4:30 pm, effective November 5, 2019.
- Closings for November:
- 20th – Center for People in Need.
- Closings for December:
- 11th – Center for People in Need
- 24th – Havelock UMC & Northwest Lincoln Church of Christ
- 25th – Center for People in Need
- 31st – Havelock UMC & Northwest Lincoln Church of Christ
- Closings for January:
- 1st – Center for People in Need
- We are a charitable organization registered with AmazonSmile. When you purchase something from Amazon, sign in with AmazonSmile and a small portion of the purchase will be donated to Foodnet, Inc. Thank you for helping to support Foodnet!
Did You Know?
88,649 people participated in a food pickup.
248,490 total people were helped
20,273 volunteer shifts helped make this possible
85,451 hours were worked in those shifts.
Thank you to all of our volunteers for keeping FoodNet alive and strong!
Volunteers and Food Donors
If you would like to donate or volunteer, please contact us at:
We are proud to partner with Food Donation Connection. Together we work to get surplus food to the hungry in our community!
Foodnet is a 501(c)(3) organization